VOLUNTEER WITH US
Everyone can and should do something.
Serve Your Neighbors
When we come together to serve, children are kept safe, families can heal from trauma, and relationships are formed, creating a lasting impact that empowers parents and keeps families together.
Together for Good is building a network of trained volunteers who will join hands with families in need, who will provide friendship and community, and who will create a safe place for children so that parents are able to gain stability.
Ways to Help
BECOME A HOST FAMILY
We have a wide range of volunteers who host: couples with and without children, young adults, and retirees. Our host families open up their homes for either short-term hostings (typically a weekend) or long-term hostings (up to one year).
BE A PARENT
Parent advocates come alongside TFG parents through friendship and prayer. Volunteers meet with a matched participant parent twice per month, either in person or through a phone call. Parent advocates serve through a variety of ways, such as bringing an occasional meal, helping with a job application, or simply being a friend who listens.
BE A MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Our goal is that each of our partner churches has a ministry coordinator who connects their congregation to TFG needs. Ministry coordinators may organize meals, diapers, and support for host families within the church. They attend quarterly meetings with TFG staff and other church ministry coordinators, and maintain a current list of TFG volunteers within their church and their roles.
PROVIDE WRAP-AROUND CARE
Organized within a partner church, wrap-around care is provided by the congregation to support both participants and volunteers. Some examples include diaper and school supply drives, providing transportation to church, and making meals for host families or participant families. Our wrap-around volunteers are also committed to supporting everyone involved with TFG in prayer.
As a Christian non-profit, we require all volunteers to adhere to our statement of faith and sincerely held religious beliefs.
This requirement is only for volunteers and not for those who are receiving our services. Together for Good serves all families, regardless of religious beliefs or cultural backgrounds. Our volunteers are trained in cultural sensitivity and trauma-informed caregiving. We seek to show respect and care to all.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful people, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
1. The Bible is the authoritative word of God, and our Statement of Faith is an expression of our shared biblical foundation; both guide us in all areas of faith and living.
2. The Local Church is God’s primary means of Christian community and mission and we as a para-church organization support and collaborate with the local church in living out the Gospel of Jesus.
3. Mercy and Justice reflect God’s character as described in Isaiah 1:17 and Isaiah 58:6-8. We demonstrate compassion towards those who suffer and are most vulnerable in our communities – vulnerable children and isolated parents. We advocate for what is right and just and defend the fatherless and the widow.
4. Family Preservation. We believe that whenever possible, children belong with their parents. If they have to be apart, we work diligently to find loving Christian families to temporarily care for children while we actively work towards reunification with their parents.
5. Holistic Care. We come alongside struggling families by caring for parents and their children in body, mind and spirit.
6. God-Honoring relationships. Family life that nurtures children; biblical marriage between one genetic male and one genetic female; reconciliation. We pursue right relationships between man and God as well as toward one another. Unity is found in Christ among all races, ethnicities and cultures.
7. Life is a gift from God, from conception to a natural death; every human is created in the image of God and has intrinsic value and rights.
8. Evangelism. We believe in sharing the hope of the gospel, respectfully engaging in culture and lovingly influencing people in ways that reflect God’s character.
9. Competent Compassion. All care for children and parents is guided by compassion and wisdom. We strive to offer excellent care informed by Scripture, the best available research, ongoing education and proven practice.
Support Us Financially
All of the services provided by Together for Good are completely free of charge. Our volunteers generously give us their time, homes, and energy so that children who are in a crisis can have safe care. Your financial support ensures that we are able to train more volunteers, establish new locations across the country, and increase the number of families we serve.